An introduction to the delightful art of Decorative Paper Making, a Day Course with Designer Book Binder, Simeon Jones.
A full, informative and fun day of making at The Source, a stunning 15th century Cruck Frame Barn, which nestles in the foothills of The Clwydian Range in the hamlet of LLangynhafal.
SPACES ARE TRULY LIMITED, BOOK TODAY TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT
During this Decorative Paper Making Course you will :
- Learn the techniques to make two different types of decorative paper which you can use again at home
- Understand how they can be used to create a number of different projects
- Create at least 4 large sheets of paper to take home with you
- Enjoy a delicious home cooked lunch (Most dietary requirements can be catered for) and afternoon tea and cake.
- Have fun and be creative!
All materials are included, as are elevenses, lunch and mid afternoon cake!
WHY NOT JOIN OUR NOTEBOOK MAKING DAY COURSE AND USE YOUR DECORATIVE PAPER ON THE COVER- WHAT A UNIQUE GIFT FOR SOMEONE SPECIAL?
Simeon first discovered book binding as a teenager, at the elbow of Paul Delrue, arguably one of the most skillful and prolific designer binders of our time.
After completing a Degree in The History of Art and Design in Manchester, and later a Degree in Osteopathy Simeon returned to his hometown of Ruthin to raise his family, and run his Osteopathic Practice Well St Clinic, with his wife George, who is also an Osteopath, Founder of Bathing Beauty and Cafe at The Source.
Simeon is a very accomplished binder. His first book The Somme, won a prize at the Designer Binders annual Competition and was subsequently bought, and preserved for the nation by The British Library. Another one of his books, was bought by the National Library of Wales. Most recently he had a book exhibited at The Saatchi Gallery in London as part of the Collect Exhibition.